LOCATION: Oceania, continent between the Indian Ocean and the South Pacific Ocean
POPULATION: 20,090,437 (July 2005 est.)
GDP: $642.7 billion (2005 est.)
SIZE: 7,686,850 sq km
LANGUAGE: English, Chinese, Italian
MAJOR INDUSTRIES: Food processing, Chemicals, Steel, Mining, Industrial and Transportation Equipment
WHY STUDY IN AUSTRALIA?
1. Australian universities are widely recognized for excellence in all areas of education and training. It will challenge and reward you academically, personally and professionally. In 2003 more than 105,000 international students from over 180 countries enrolled in higher education courses in Australia, preparing to launch their careers around the world.
2. People from about 200 countries have migrated to Australia, making Australia one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. It is a safe, friendly, sophisticated and harmonious society in which students can learn and travel in an English speaking country.
3. Crime and political unrest are limited in Australia. Australia has low crime rates and strict gun control laws providing a safe environment. Your study plans and progress are not likely to be upset by political turmoil.
4. Australia’s commitment to offering international students a quality education is backed up by legislation and regulations that govern the international education sector. For example, the Australian Universities Quality Agency (AUQA) and the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) have been set up by the Government to strengthen the quality assurance processes in education and training in Australia. International students in Australia and their parents enjoy a level of service and financial protection that is unrivaled.
5. Australian universities are major producers of research and development. They have pioneered many new ideas and technologies, leading to advances in business, science and industry. The Australian approach to vocational and technical education is now recognized as among the best and most innovative in the world. It has played an important role in Australia’s economic performance, by greatly increasing the skill of workers and contributing to improved productivity.
6. Australia is a dynamic and vibrant country with much to offer. Choosing to come to Australia to further your study will provide you with many opportunities, not to mention a whole new view of the world, an endless variety of new and wonderful experiences, and exciting and progressive education programs. Australia now has over 200 000 international students from over 140 countries around the world. They are enrolled in a wide range of disciplines and at every level of education, including short-term English courses, bachelor degrees and masters degrees, through to doctoral degrees.
TYPE OF QUALIFICATIONS IN AUSTRALIA:
Bachelors Degree or Bachelors (hons.) Degree
Graduate Certificate or Diploma
Vocational Graduate Diplomas